So, finally another stable release. This is the first stable release for JB and will be the final release for ICS.
As per usual, my releases aren’t about pointless features. They concentrate on stability and performance.
The most interesting thing about this release is the memory management performance backports which were merged into 3.0.39.
Changelog compared to 3.0.36-14:
- For ICS, base as is per 3.0.36-14. For JB, base is AOSP 3.0.31 merged up to 3.0.39 from mainline.
- Various other compiler warnings have been fixed
- Interactive governor with interactivity boost now in use instead of ondemand as it provides a smoother user experience on JellyBean and apparently also on ICS.
- Fixed a NULL pointer dereference in the i2c code which was causing occasional kernel panics for some users.
- Deadline I/O scheduler adjusted for flash for lowest I/O latencies
- Config: As stock AOSP with the following modifications: Deadline I/O scheduler, Interactive CPU governor, Tiny Preempt RCU, Voodoo sound, cifs, utf8
- Wifi PM_FAST for bcm4329 (ICS) and bcmdhd (JB)
Features not implemented for this release:
- IDLE2 – although the code / implementation is stable, there are some issues with the actual powersaving which is being attained, or not, as the case may be due to a bug which I haven’t found yet. Bricking my Nexus S didn’t help with that either, so IDLE2 development is paused until I get by Nexus S back from repair
ICS, JB and i9023 version available here.